If you plan to spend the holidays with loved ones and friends, you may be thinking about how you can maintain a bright smile. A beautiful smile is one that is cared for, so don’t neglect your oral health care during the holidays or throughout the year. If any part of oral hygiene is overlooked, it can affect your oral health and the appearance of your smile.
We have provided a few important tips to help you continue to care for your teeth:
– Eat a healthy and balanced diet that is low in sugary foods that can stick to your teeth, such as caramel, taffy, and hard candy.
– Avoid sharing toothbrushes with family or storing your toothbrush next to others to avoid cross-contamination.
– Choose a toothbrush whose head is the proper size to fit comfortably in your mouth and reach every corner of your teeth and gums.
– Choose dental products such as toothbrushes and toothpaste that have earned the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Brush twice a day in two-minute intervals, twice daily, and floss at least once daily.
– Purchase a new toothbrush about every 3-4 months, or when the bristles begin to look heavily worn.
– Visit our dentist at Christopherson Family Dentistry at least every six months for a dental exam and cleaning.
It’s important to maintain an effective dental care routine and not neglect important oral health care habits. You are welcome to call 715-952-5920 today to schedule a dental exam and cleaning with Dr. Tyler Christopherson. We would love so see you at our dental office in Stevens Point, Wisconsin!